We Are Hiring: Advocacy and Communications Officer Wanted
JOB TITLE: Advocacy and Communications Officer
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
The Initiative for Equal Rights (TIERs) is a non-profit organization committed to the promotion and protection of human rights in Nigeria. We are dedicated to achieving full equality and inclusion for marginalized communities, including LGBTQ+ people, women, and people with disabilities.
We are currently seeking to hire an Advocacy and Communications Officer to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual who is passionate about human rights and wants to make a real difference in the lives of marginalized people in Nigeria.
As the Advocacy and Communications Officer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the organization’s advocacy and communications strategy. This will include working with our team to develop and execute campaigns that raise awareness about human rights issues and promote equality and inclusion for marginalized communities. You will also be responsible for managing the organization’s social media platforms and website, as well as writing and editing content for our newsletter and other communications materials.
- Research, create and curate multimedia content for the social media and other digital platforms owned by TIERs including websites, newsletters and blogs.
- Develop strategic media plans and content calendars to guide TIERs communications.
- Write and edit advocacy materials including press releases, scripts, reports and blogs.
- Work with freelancers and contractors to produce high-quality video + audio communication materials.
- Identify, assess, and inform TIERs of internal and external media issues that may affect the organization performance.
- Represent TIERs at events, to enhance the organization’s profile at the community level and partners forum.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of TIERs
- Plan, organize and promote events, training workshops and other programmes organized by TIERs.
- Attend to all other official duties assigned.
(Other duties may be assigned)
The candidate is required to possess the following:
- A degree in any field.
- At least one (1) year of relevant work experience in digital marketing, communications, social media management, content creation or another related field.
- Ability to create graphic designs using Canva, Photoshop or CorelDraw.
- Knowledge of WordPress website management, maintenance, monitoring traffic and performance.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills and a creative eye.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with others in a diverse team, across organizational boundaries and multiple locations, and with team members at all levels.
- Confidence and enthusiasm when communicating with both external partners and the internal project teams in formal and informal presentations
- A passion for social change with interest in the field of gender equality, human rights, SOGIESC, social justice, and civic engagement.
- Exceptional professionalism, follow-through and people skills.
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and/or a sense of humour is a plus.
- Availability to travel within and outside Nigeria.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To apply, please access the job description by clicking here
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Application for this role closes by Midnight, Monday, 23rd January 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TIERs believes that diverse teams are strong teams. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, composed of teams with a mix of genders, ages, education, and multiple tribes, faiths, and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage candidates of all genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicity, and origins to apply.