JOB TITLE: Safety and Security Focal Point Officer (Free To Be Me Project)
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
REPORTING TO: Committee of Action (COA) Facilitator, Human Rights Program Officer
SECONDARY SUPERVISOR: Director, Research and Knowledge Management, Executive Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate the CoA in developing and regularly updating Safety and Security Management Plan and tools following the nature of safety and security risks including detailed threat assessment, security protocols, standard operating procedures for personal movement & transport, office, tele/radio communications, incident report sheets, asset protection, etc.
- Strengthen the capacities of CoAs in analyzing the parameters of the working environment by assessing the nature of the threats and (community of action CoAs) vulnerabilities concerning the emergency situation.
- Guide the CoA in the integration of safety and security measures in their daily activities.
- Offer technical expertise to CoAs in identifying any potential threats to rights holders, information, or physical safety.
- Alert the host organization and CoA members of possible internal security threats as well as external ones.
- Strengthen the capacity of CoAs in implementing the most effective systems for protecting rights holders.
- Facilitate capacity strengthening sessions efforts to empower rights holders to prevent security threats of any kind
- Support the CoA and host organization in developing, writing, and publishing materials outlining security procedures.
- Link the CoA to a network of contacts among local actors to facilitate the CoAs work and enhance the security of its operations.
- Has expertise in developing security-related technical tools guidelines and systems, IT security management skills are an asset
- Ability to teach basic personal safety and security.
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis, and strategic planning skills.
- Have experience and a passion for working with the LGBTIQ+ community.
- Has a progressive and positive view on rights holder’s economic empowerment
- Believes in Free To Be Me values, and is accountable to them.
- Is keen on ensuring ownership by local, young, rightsholder-led, organizations, and in finding innovative and creative solutions to realize goals.
- Preferably is a young person, and preferably identifies as part of one of the rightsholder groups.
- Gets energy when she/he/they can bring people and organizations together around a shared goal.
- Has the confidence to manage and facilitate groups and loves to do so.
- Can establish productive and innovative collaborations, including between organizations, groups, and persons that maybe do not always work together.
- Is a good communicator, with strong interpersonal skills, and natural empathy
- Is self-aware and possess a comfort with their own identity and a diverse range of other identities, such as sexual and gender identities
- Is committed, able to build others’ trust and keep confidence, and takes responsibility for personal performance
- Flexible attitude, creative, innovative, sense of humor.
- Relevant degree or comparable work experience, and academic level of working and thinking.
- Minimum of three to five years of relevant working experience on Safety and Security, and/or in working with young people, and/or in programme design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Experience with or an appetite for working in international teams.
- Lived experience as a part of one or more of the rightsholder groups is an asset.
- Full professional proficiency in English
We prioritize applications from persons that belong to the rights-holder groups.
The salary for this role is N175,000 monthly. This is a contract position. We are seeking exceptional applicants and offer excellent benefits and working perks
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Kindly send your resume and motivation letters to email@example.com on or before 1st April 2022
Please indicate in the email subject line the position you are applying for, which is, Free To Be Me – Safety and Security Focal Point Officer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TIERs believes that diverse teams are strong teams. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, composed of teams with a mix of genders, ages, education, and multiple tribes, faiths, and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage candidates of all genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicity, and origins to apply