We are offering a one year internship to a young person (minimum age of 18 years) who wishes to broaden their knowledge and experience on gathering financial data and preparing accurate reports and data entries. We welcome applications from persons with educational or professional backgrounds in data entry, financial data analysis and bookkeeping software.
The accounting Intern will help to perform research, prepare financial reports, and assist with reconciling accounts and other duties, as may be assigned. During their time at TIERs, they will build skills in report writing, program budgeting, project design & implementation, data collection and general office administration. They will work closely with the Admin and finance Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Additional duties may be assigned)
* Assists in daily organizational operations.
* Assist with preparing financial income statements, invoices, and other documents.
* Working with accounting software (QuickBooks)
* Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
* Work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the organization.
* Complete posting of daily transactions on payment vouchers.
* Prepare documentation of Payment vouchers for individual project reports.
* Prepare monthly pension schedule and Tax.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, variances and percentages.
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel – understanding formulas, pivot tables, and v-lookups.
* Experience in Microsoft Word and PDF is helpful.
* Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures, including maintaining internal controls.
* Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
* Maintains and observes department’s guidelines.
* Perform general administrative duties.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to meet deadlines and work in a team environment.
* Other such administrative and official duties that may be assigned
* Must be a recent graduate of Accounting with OND,HND and BSc degree or its equivalent.
* Satisfactory completion of accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
* Aptitude for math and proficiency with computers.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills: Confidence and enthusiasm when communicating with both external partners and the internal project team in both formal and informal presentations.
* Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with others in a diverse team, across organizational boundaries and multiple locations, and with team members at all levels.
* High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
* Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
* Exceptional professionalism, follow-through, and people skills.
* Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and/or a sense of humor are a plus.
* Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
This is NOT a paid position but a stipend of N100,00 will be paid to the intern monthly to cover the costs of transportation.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Email subject should read: Finance and Admin Intern
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Application for this role closes by 12 noon on the 24th of January, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* TIERs believes that diverse teams are strong teams. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, composed of teams with a mix of genders, ages, education, and multiple tribes, faiths, and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage candidates of all genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicity, and origins to apply.