JOB TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Free To Be Me Project)
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
REPORTING TO: Committee of Action (COA) Facilitator, Human Rights Program Officer
SECONDARY SUPERVISOR: Director, Research and Knowledge Management, Executive Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with the Director of Human Rights and Advocacy to execute human rights programming.
- Preparing proposals, reports, briefings and other such publications for human rights programming.
- Liaising with internal and external teams to plan, execute and monitor advocacy projects.
- Carrying out qualitative and quantitative research for human rights programmes.
- Providing advisory on human rights issues.
- Identifying advocacy opportunities and priorities, and executing strategy.
- Facilitating training sessions and other capacity building activities.
- Monitoring key developments in relation to human rights violations experienced by gender minority persons.
- Acting as an advocate for, and representing the needs of gender minority groups.
- Preparing and distributing gender-specific materials.
- Researching cases and violations against gender minority persons.
- Provides specialized advice and expertise on a range of human rights issues to relevant actors, including stakeholders, allies and partners
- Defines work plan for area assigned in accordance with established terms of reference.
- Represents the organization’s human rights programme at working level meetings.
- Writes a variety of reports, communications, briefings, statements, etc., including to policy-making bodies.
- Performs other related duties that may be assigned by direct supervisors
- Preferably a university degree in social sciences, statistics, agriculture, community development, project management, or any other related field.
- Those with professional courses in M&E will have an added advantage
- Minimum of at least 3 years experience in a similar position or project management and M&E of a community-based project in both emergency and development projects.
- Vast knowledge and experience in programme management cycle-planning, monitoring, evaluation, documentation/reporting /sharing, and learning.
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis, and strategic planning skills.
- Have experience and a passion for working with the LGBTIQ+ community.
- Has a progressive and positive view on rights holder’s economic empowerment
- Believes in Free To Be Me values, and is accountable to them.
- Is keen on ensuring ownership by local, young, rights-holder led, organizations, and in finding innovative and creative solutions to realize goals.
- Preferably is a young person, and preferably identifies as part of one of the rights-holder groups.
- Gets energy when she/he/they can bring people and organizations together around a shared goal.
- Has the confidence to manage and facilitate groups and loves to do so.
- Can establish productive and innovative collaborations, including between organizations, groups, and persons that maybe do not always work together.
- Is a good communicator, with strong interpersonal skills, and natural empathy
- Is self-aware and possess a comfort with their own identity and a diverse range of other identities, such as sexual and gender identities
- Is committed, able to build others’ trust and keep confidence, and takes responsibility for personal performance
- Flexible attitude, creative, innovative, sense of humor.
- Relevant degree or comparable work experience, and academic level of working and thinking.
- Minimum of three to five years of relevant working experience in programme design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Experience with or an appetite for working in international teams.
- Lived experience as a part of one or more of the rights-holder groups is an asset.
- Full professional proficiency in English will be an added advantage
We prioritize applications from persons that belong to the rights-holder groups.
The salary for this role is N175,000 monthly. This is a contract position. We are seeking exceptional applicants and offer excellent benefits and working perks
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Kindly send your resume and motivation letters to email@example.com on or before 1st April 2022
Please indicate in the email subject line the position you are applying for, which is, Free To Be Me – Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TIERs believes that diverse teams are strong teams. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, composed of teams with a mix of genders, ages, education, and multiple tribes, faiths, and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage candidates of all genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicity, and origins to apply