JOB TITLE: Director, Research and Knowledge Management
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
REPORTING TO: Executive Director
The roles assigned to this position includes conceptualizing and directing research and analysis around sexuality and gender, discriminatory laws and policies, community-based research, and impact assessment. The DRKM will design and lead empirical and qualitative research that will feed into policy, advocacy, programming and law review. The position holder will be responsible for producing research reports, white papers, policy briefings and resource materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Additional duties may be assigned)
- Developing social and policy research and social perception surveys on LGBT+ rights and issues.
- Researching, documenting and analyzing the life and lived experiences of LGBT+ persons at the community level and society at large.
- Overseeing the research and knowledge management activities of the organization with a focus on a broad-based portfolio of research topics.
- Developing a database that contains detailed information and analysis of LGBT+ people’s reality from a social, economic and clinical perspective.
- Designing and managing research projects effectively and efficiently, including tracking research projects for successful completion and influencing how research outcomes are used for programming, policy and advocacy.
- Ensuring that research projects adhere to strict academic rigor and ethical standards.
- Working with the communications department of TIERs to develop a comprehensive communication strategy and implementation that is research led and communicated to relevant key stakeholders.
- Supporting fundraising for research projects of the organization by identifying new grant opportunities.
- Creating a conducive intellectual and research environment aimed at make TEIRs a Centre of excellence on LGBT+ research in Nigeria.
- Working with LGBT+ partner organizations to ensure issues faced within the community are reflected in research.
- Engaging with the media and other stakeholders through speaking engagements, writing and publications such as op-eds and commentary,
The candidate is required to possess:
- A degree in the social sciences or relevant discipline. A Masters-level degree would be an added advantage.
- A Good understanding of Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Expression and Sex Characteristics (SOGIESC)
- Excellent writing skills with a proven track record of research and publication.
- Demonstrated past record of peer-reviewed publication or similar research output.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research.
- Networking skills and managing complex situations are desirable skill.
- Ability to deliver tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with others in a diverse team, across organizational boundaries and multiple locations, and with team members at all levels.
- Confidence and enthusiasm when communicating with both external partners and the internal project teams in formal and informal presentations
- A passion for social change with interest in the field of gender equality, human rights, SOGIESC, social justice, and civic engagement.
- Exceptional professionalism, follow-through and people skills.
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and/or a sense of humor is a plus.
- Availability to travel within and outside Nigeria.
The salary for this role is N560,000 monthly. We are seeking exceptional applicants and offer excellent benefits and working perks.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CVs to email@example.com
Email subject should read: DIRECTOR, RESEARCH AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Application for this role closes by 12 noon on the 24th of January, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TIERs believes that diverse teams are strong teams. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, composed of teams with a mix of genders, ages, education, and multiple tribes, faiths, and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage candidates of all genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicity, and origins to apply.