JOB TITLE: Content and Communications Officer
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
REPORTING TO: Director of Advocacy
SECONDARY SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
SUMMARY: The Content and Communications Officer of The Initiative for Equal Rights (TIERs) functions as the media officer of the organization. In this capacity, the staff will work closely with the Director of Advocacy and other programmes staff to develop and execute media strategies that will communicate the work of TIERs at different levels of engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Research, create and curate multimedia content for the social media and other digital platforms owned by TIERs including websites, newsletters and blogs.
- Develop strategic media plans and content calendars to guide TIERs communications.
- Write and edit advocacy materials including press releases, scripts, reports and blogs.
- Work with freelancers and contractors to produce high-quality video + audio communication materials.
- Identify, assess, and inform TIERs of internal and external media issues that may affect the organization performance.
- Represent TIERs at events, to enhance the organization’s profile at the community level and partners forum.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of TIERs
- Plan, organize and promote events, training workshops and other programmes organized by TIERs.
- Attend to all other official duties assigned.
The candidate is required to possess:
- A degree in any field.
- At least one (1) year of relevant work experience in digital marketing, communications, social media management, content creation or another related field.
- Ability to create graphic designs using Canva, Photoshop or CorelDraw.
- Knowledge of WordPress website management, maintenance, monitoring traffic and performance.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills and a creative eye.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with others in a diverse team, across organizational boundaries and multiple locations, and with team members at all levels.
- Confidence and enthusiasm when communicating with both external partners and the internal project teams in formal and informal presentations
- A passion for social change with interest in the field of gender equality, human rights, SOGIESC, social justice, and civic engagement.
- Exceptional professionalism, follow-through and people skills.
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and/or a sense of humour is a plus.
- Availability to travel within and outside Nigeria.
The salary for this role is One Hundred and Eighty Thousand Naira (N180,000) monthly.
This is a full-time position for employment. We are seeking exceptional applicants and offer excellent employer-paid benefits and work perks.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter, a CV and links to previous relevant work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject should read CONTENT AND COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Application for this role closes at Midnight, Monday 25th of January 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TIERs believes that diverse teams are strong teams. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, composed of teams with a mix of genders, ages, education, and multiple tribes, faiths, and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage candidates of all genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicity, and origins to apply. However, applications from women, non-binary and other sexual minority persons, and persons with disabilities will be given priority.