We are currently hiring for the position of a Clinical Psychologist. Please see the requirements and responsibilities below.
JOB TITLE: Clinical Psychologist
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
REPORTING TO: Director of Sexual Health and Well-Being
SECONDARY SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
We are looking for a compassionate Clinical Psychologist to assist us in making assessments and identifying a wide variety of disorders in clients, and formulating suitable treatments. The Clinical Psychologist will employ a range of methods to assess clients’ issues. The Clinical Psychologist will also be instrumental in performing interventions. You will utilize various treatment strategies, such as behaviour modification and stress reduction therapy. You will continuously measure the success of treatment programs, and make changes where necessary. To be successful in this role, you should be able to develop an effective, tailor-made treatment plan for each client, and consistently conduct follow-ups. The client must be unprejudiced, and have keen observational and analytical skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Additional duties may be assigned)
- Identifying psychological, emotional or behavioural issues.
- Diagnosing psychological, emotional or behavioural disorders.
- Providing therapy to groups and individuals using various evidence-based modalities.
- Formulating and creating personalized interventions, treatments and management plans for clients.
- Measuring effectiveness of interventions and implementing changes where required.
- Assessing clients’ risk, considering their mental health and social needs when performing interventions.
- Administering and interpreting psychological tests score to obtain information clients’ intelligence, achievements, interests, and personalities.
- Developing and implementing treatment plans and therapeutic processes.
- Maintaining an open line of communication with clients to efficiently and effectively address their needs.
- Maintaining a database of clients’ detailed information and all other pertinent documents.
- Maintaining confidentiality of clients’ treatment and records in accordance with best practices.
- Collaborating with other healthcare providers to evaluate medical and physical condition of clients.
- Referring clients to other specialists, institutions, or support services where required.
- Conducting research on LGBT+ healthcare needs.
- Preparing monthly activity reports.
Our ideal candidate should be able to meet with clients remotely and in person to identify problems—emotional, mental and behavioural—in their lives. Through observation, interviews and tests, the candidate will diagnose any existing or potential disorders. Then, together with the client, formulate a program of treatment according to the client’s needs. The psychologist will regularly deal with issues relating to a range of issues from depression, suicidal tendencies, rejection due to real or perceived sexual orientation, gender dysphoria, etc. The ideal candidate is open to new ideas, has interest in baseline research for LGBT people, and is open to traveling within and outside Nigeria.
The candidate is required to possess:
- A Degree in Clinical Psychology.
- At least two years of experience in a mental health practice.
- Experience with psychological assessment and treatment of a wide range of mental health problems of varying severity and complexity.
- Proficiency in psychological therapies, risk assessment, training and supervision.
- Proficiency in planning and performing psychological interventions.
- Current awareness of developments in relevant fields.
- Ability to maintain and complete clinical documentation consistently.
- Experience in crisis intervention preferrably.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent research and analytical capabilities.
The salary for this role is N300,000 monthly. This is a contract position. We are seeking exceptional applicants and offer excellent benefits and working perks.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV’s to email@example.com
Email subject should read: CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Application for this role closes by 10 a.m. on the 7th of October, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TIERs believes that diverse teams are strong teams. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, composed of teams with a mix of genders, ages, education, and multiple tribes, faiths, and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage candidates of all genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicity, and origins to apply.