JOB TITLE: Referral Officer
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
REPORTING TO: Sexual Health & Wellbeing Program Officer
SECONDARY SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
SUMMARY: We are looking to hire a suitable candidate for the role of a Referral Officer to provide first-line contact and referral services to our clients.
The successful candidate will also be expected to perform client management support to the Sexual Health and Wellness team for their facility-based as well as off-site activities to deliver medical and mental health services.
He/She/they will work with activities of the community facilitators, peer educators, program officer, and all other members of the medical and program team to ensure that accurate information and services reach the community and TIERs overall goal is met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Work closely with the Sexual Health& wellbeing Program Officer in the implementation of planned activities within that department
- Oversee and conduct regular checks on clients and their documents to ensure they follow up on all referral ethics and access services as directed.
- ∙Work closely with community facilitators and clients to ensure access to safer sex commodities, HTS and STI services within the community center and during outreaches.
- Ensure linkage of clients for referral services. Ensure sexual partners of HIV-positive clients are reached using the partner notification services and social network strategy.
- Work closely with the unit program team, peer educators, and other volunteers within the community center on community-based interventions and prevention messages that reflect the needs of the community.
- Ensure that valid data is collected on all client-facing activities, collated regularly, and reported on a stipulated date to the program officer and the M&E coordinator.
- Conduct monitoring and advocacy visits to all TIERs referral sites along with the M&E officer.
- Monthly development of sexual health contents as peculiar to the needs of the community.
- Coordinate the community center with a high level of professionalism and ensure service users feel comfortable and respect rules and regulations.
- Represent the organization at meetings as directed by the supervisor and senior staff.
- Ensure and promote confidentiality in all services provided. Provide and refer for counseling and psychosocial therapy where required.
- Work closely with all staff within the organization to achieve TIERs overall goal. Performing other duties as directed by the supervisor.
The candidate is required to possess:
- Minimum qualification of a degree in science or humanities from a tertiary institution, and 3-5 years post-NYSC client management experience
- At least one-year providing client interface support management in the specialty of HIV and other related opportunistic infections
- Good grasp of spoken and written English and ability to communicate well in local Nigerian language(s)
- Basic computer skills and intermediate experience with Microsoft Office
- Good client interface skills and exemplary client clinical manners
- At least three years working in SHRH, HIV/AIDS and other opportunistic diseases
- At least one year working in clinical and allied advocacy space for HIV/AIDs and key population
Required Non-Clinical skills
- A heightened sense of responsibility to providing best standard care to targeted clients
- Good sense of patient advocacy and a commitment against patient discrimination.
The salary for this role is One Hundred and Eighty Thousand Naira (N180,000) monthly.
This is a full-time position for employment. We are seeking exceptional applicants and offer excellent employer-paid benefits and work perks.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter, a CV and links to previous relevant work to email@example.com
Email subject should read APPLICATION FOR REFFERAL OFFICER,
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Application for this role closes at Midnight, Friday 15th of October 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TIERs believes that diverse teams are strong teams. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, composed of teams with a mix of genders, ages, education, and multiple tribes, faiths, and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage candidates of all genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicity, and origins to apply. However, applications from women, non-binary and other sexual minority persons, and persons with disabilities will be given priority.