We Are Hiring A Programme Officer (Human Rights and Advocacy).
JOB TITLE: Programme Officer (Human Rights and Advocacy)
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
REPORTING TO: Director, Human Rights and Advocacy
SECONDARY SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Additional duties may be assigned)
- Working closely with the Director of Human Rights and Advocacy to execute human rights programming.
- Preparing proposals, reports, briefings and other such publications for human rights programming.
- Liaising with internal and external teams to plan, execute and monitor advocacy projects.
- Carrying out qualitative and quantitative research for human rights programmes.
- Providing advisory on human rights issues.
- Identifying advocacy opportunities and priorities, and executing strategy.
- Facilitating training sessions and other capacity building activities.
- Monitoring key developments in relation to human rights violations experienced by gender minority persons.
- Acting as an advocate for, and representing the needs of gender minority groups.
- Preparing and distributing gender-specific materials.
- Researching cases and violations against gender minority persons.
- Provides specialized advice and expertise on a range of human rights issues to relevant actors, including stakeholders, allies and partners
- Defines work plan for area assigned in accordance with established terms of reference.
- Represents the organization’s human rights programme at working level meetings.
- Writes a variety of reports, communications, briefings, statements, etc., including to policy-making bodies.
- Performs other related duties that may be assigned by direct supervisors
The candidate is required to possess:
- A degree in Law, Gender Studies, International Relations / Studies, Political Science, Sociology or other relevant Social Sciences.
- At least two years’ relevant work experience in the NGO space.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research.
- Experience facilitating training sessions and Project Management Skills.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with others in a diverse team, across organizational boundaries and multiple locations, and with team members at all levels.
- Confidence and enthusiasm when communicating with both external partners and the internal project teams in formal and informal presentations
- A passion for social change with interest in the field of gender equality, human rights, SOGIESC, social justice, and civic engagement.
- Exceptional professionalism, follow-through and people skills.
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and/or a sense of humour is a plus.
- Availability to travel within and outside Nigeria.
The salary for this role is N225,000 monthly. This is a contract position. We are seeking exceptional applicants and offer excellent benefits and working perks
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject should read PROGRAMME OFFICER (Human Rights and Advocacy).
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Application for this role closes at 12 noon on the 24th of January, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TIERs believes that diverse teams are strong teams. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, composed of teams with a mix of genders, ages, education, and multiple tribes, faiths, and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage candidates of all genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicity, and origins to apply