WE HAVE AN OPENING FOR AN INTERN
Job Title: Human Rights and Advocacy Intern
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to: Director of Human Rights and Advocacy
Secondary supervisor: Executive Director
We are offering a six-month internship to a young person (minimum age of 18 years) who wishes to broaden their knowledge and experience on Human Rights, Strategic Litigation, Programme Development, and Advocacy. We welcome applications from persons with professional backgrounds in Law, Advocacy, Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights, and Policy Analysis. The intern will, during their time at TIERs, build skills in proposal writing, report writing, program budgeting, project design & implementation, community mobilization & organizing, data collection & analysis, and administration. They will work closely with the Human Rights Programme Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Additional duties may be assigned)
- Support the Human Rights and Advocacy team in all activities and projects.
- Liaise with internal and external teams to assist in the planning and monitoring of advocacy projects.
- Assist in implementing outreach programs and services.
- Draft reports, briefings and other such documents for Advocacy projects.
- Attend to email and phone queries directed at the Advocacy team.
- Assist in organizing and promoting events organized by TIERs.
- Other such administrative and official duties that may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s level degree in any field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with others in a diverse team, across organizational boundaries and multiple locations, and with team members at all levels.
- Confidence and enthusiasm when communicating with both external partners and the internal project team in both formal and informal presentations.
- Passion for social change with interest in the field of human rights, SOGIESC, Social Justice, Gender Equity, and Civic Engagement.
- Exceptional professionalism, follow-through, and people skills.
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and/or a sense of humor are a plus.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
This is NOT a paid position but a stipend of N60,000 will be paid to the intern monthly to cover the costs of transportation.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter stating why they are interested in interning with TIERs, accompanied by a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject should read: INTERNSHIP
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Application closes at Midnight, Sunday 15th of March 2020.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
At TIERs, we believe that diverse teams are strong teams. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, composed of teams with a mix of genders, ages, education, and multiple tribes, faiths, and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage candidates of all genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicities, and origins to apply.