JOB TITLE: Executive Director LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
APPLICATION CLOSE: 28th Feb 2022 DATE OF JOINING: April 2022
REPORTING TO: Board of Trustees/Director
We are hiring for the post of Executive Director as the organization is transitioning into the next phase of its strategic plan for the next 10 years, transitioning to a feminist organization promoting the rights of LGBTQIA+ people in Nigeria and West Africa. TIERs has experienced a tremendous growth in the last fifteen years and we are excited about the future with the great foundation already established.
SUMMARY: The Executive Director of The Initiative for Equal Rights (TIERs) is responsible for the overall and day to day management of the organisation, implementing policies set by the Board, setting annual goals and objectives, designing and overseeing programmes. The ideal person will have a passion for growing our operations and a commitment to building awareness of our mission.
- Provide vision, direction, and oversight for the organisation, leading the planning required to meet its ambitious goals
- Acting as key external voice and representative of the organisation, providing thought leadership and advocate for and with critical stakeholders
- Lead and manage all fundraising activities with existing and prospective funders, including sources of foundation, government, corporate and individual support, in collaboration with section programme directors.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of all activities and special projects and ensure that they are run efficiently and effectively, working with the Finance team and programme units to develop and monitor budgets
- Hire, manage, and support staff and other external consultants and service providers
- Ensure that the operation of the organisation meets the expectations of the target population for each project area and contribute to the organisation’s mission and priorities
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION
- Charismatic and visionary thinker with the ability to manage and motivate others to perform
- 8+ years of experience as a successful leader in the non-profit, government, or private sector with proven management and strategic-planning capability
- Previous experiences in LGBTQIA+ rights/ Sexual rights and Human rights advocacy is an added advantage.
- Willingness to associate with the organisation and her work publicly.
- Experience of creating and maintaining high-level relationships within the philanthropic community, government, and private sectors
- Excellent communication skills, both written and public speaking, and relating to a variety of stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial approach to activism and resourcefulness, with excellent problem-solving skills and result orientated
- Knowledge of the local cultural and political landscape of LGBT work in Nigeria, and the ability to network and collaborate with a wide array of stakeholders
- Willingness to travel locally, regionally and internationally
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: A graduate degree. A postgraduate degree is an added advantage.
The annual salary for this role is between N9,000,000 to N12,000,000 annually based on qualification and experience.
Method of Application
Please submit a cover letter of at least 600 words detailing your vision for the organisation, and a curriculum vitae (including contact details of two recent professional referees) by email to email@example.com by 28th February 2022.
Please use the subject title: Executive Director (Only short-listed candidates will be contacted). For more detailed information about this vacant position, please download the job description below.