The Initiative for Equal Rights (TIERs) will be holding its seventh Human Rights Symposium this December in Lagos. The symposium, “Human Rights, Sexuality and the Law” is held annually to mark the International Human Rights Day. With this symposium, we aim to provide insight into the fundamental freedoms Nigerians are entitled to and inspire a sense of activism in Nigerians.
This year, we are seeking enthusiastic volunteers to assist us with on-site operations during the events of the day.
What Would You Do?
Volunteers will assist with event set up, ushering, hospitality and ensuring everything goes smoothly and according to plan.
What’s in it for you?
- Unique opportunity to contribute to the community
- Get an insider’s view and be part of the symposium
- Opportunity to meet and network with like-minded people
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- A small stipend to cover transportation costs
How Do I Volunteer?
Volunteers must be resident in Lagos and available to spare their time for a full day in December 2021.
To volunteer, send us an email answering these three questions:
- Which of our Programme Areas are you passionate about and why?
Read about our Programme areas here.
- Why would you like to volunteer for the symposium?
- What are your top skills?
Send your answers to email@example.com with the subject line “Volunteering for Symposium 2021”.
There are no wrong or right answers to the questions above, so just answer honestly. Your application will be reviewed and if you are a perfect fit for this project, we will contact you to discuss your possible involvement.
We only need a set number of volunteers, and will only contact those we select, but we thank everyone who will apply for their willingness to help.