We are hiring a Gender Democracy Project Officer
JOB TITLE: Gender Democracy Project Officer
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
REPORTING TO: Director, Human Rights
SECONDARY SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
SUMMARY: The Gender Democracy Project Officer of The Initiative for Equal Rights (TIERs) is in responsible for gender and gender diversity-focused projects. The Gender Democracy Project Officer will work closely with other Human Rights staff and the Director of Human Rights to develop and execute projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Working closely with the Director of Human Rights to execute gender and human rights programming.
- Preparing proposals, reports, briefings and other such publications for gender and human rights programming.
- Liaising with internal and external teams to plan, execute and monitor human rights projects.
- Carrying out qualitative and quantitative research on gender and human rights programmes.
- Providing advisory on gender minority and human rights issues.
- Identifying advocacy opportunities and priorities and executing strategy.
- Facilitating training sessions and other capacity-building activities.
- Monitoring key developments in relation to human rights violations experienced by gender minority persons.
- Acting as an advocate for and representing the needs of gender minority groups.
- Preparing and distributing gender-specific materials.
- Researching cases and violations against gender minority persons.
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by direct supervisors.
The candidate is required to possess:
- A degree in Gender Studies, International Relations / Studies, Political Science, Sociology or other relevant Social Sciences.
- At least three years OF relevant work experience in the NGO space.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research.
- Experience facilitating training sessions and Project Management Skills.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with others in a diverse team, across organizational boundaries and multiple locations, and with team members at all levels.
- Confidence and enthusiasm when communicating with both external partners and the internal project teams in formal and informal presentations
- A passion for social change with interest in the field of gender equality, human rights, SOGIESC, social justice, and civic engagement.
- Exceptional professionalism, follow-through and people skills.
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and/or a sense of humour is a plus.
- Availability to travel within and outside Nigeria.
The salary for this role is One Hundred and Eighty Thousand Naira (N180,000) monthly.
This is a full-time position for employment. We are seeking exceptional applicants and offer excellent employer-paid benefits and work perks.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and a CV to email@example.com
Email subject should read GENDER AND DEMOCRACY PROJECT OFFICER
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Application for this role closes at Midnight, Monday 25th of January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TIERs believes that diverse teams are strong teams. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, composed of teams with a mix of genders, ages, education, and multiple tribes, faiths, and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage candidates of all genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicity, and origins to apply. However, applications from women, non-binary and other sexual minority persons, and persons with disabilities will be given priority.